Be sure to click the “Like” button to help share this on Facebook.
It’s here, and bigger than ever. Last years event set records in both the shows attendance and the Rally despite the weather, so be sure to come celebrate with us in the 20th Anniversary of MVOC and make the event even larger than years past. The 2013 MVOC weekend starts on Friday June 7th with the MVOC Rally with a GTG that night, followed by the Show & Shine on Saturday June 8th, and the very successful after party Saturday night. MVOC has survived through many changes and has become the event of the season for Volkswagen and Audi owners in our region. This of course is thanks to all the sponsors, attendees and volunteers. Like previous years we will be giving away thousands and thousands of dollars in prizes including parts, accessories, swag, chip tunes, you name it, all courtesy of our sponsors. Along with the prizes as always there will be some local businesses displays, Dealership Displays, Music and BBQ, and we’re really working hard to bring another really great activity to the event. (we’ll update as we make progress)
MVOC Show & Shine Details
MVOC Rally Details UPDATE: Departing from Truro Power Center off Exit 13A
Friday Night Sport Rock GTG
Saturday Night After Party
MVOC discussion in our forum
When: MVOC Rally on June 7th (details below) MVOC Show & Shine on June 8th from 10am to 4pm.
Price: $10 per car, free for spectators. (Free entrance with Rally Package “Best Deal”. Details for Rally Packages here.)
Where: St-Anselme Rotary Park on Parc Dr. Dieppe NB
This is not your regular car show but more of a large get together of friends and enthusiasts with the same interest. I hear it mentioned all the time “I don’t know if I want to put my car in the show”. That’s the great thing about this event, if you love hanging out with others who have the same interest in VW/Audi’s as you then there’s nothing for you to think about, you’ll fit in perfectly.
With increasing attendance each year we require more volunteers. We’re always looking to improve the event, and many hands make light work. So this year I’m putting the request out for responsible and trusting volunteers to help some of these ideas come to life. The volunteer duties are mostly simple items during the day of the event. So if you think you fit the bill and are able to help MVOC become even a more memorable event then please let me know. All official volunteers will be get a free MVOC T-shirt, complimentary food and drink during the day of the show, and some free drinks at the after party. Also all volunteers are still eligible to win prizes as well.
Some things we’re looking for help with:
- runners (this is for any needed items or food for the BBQ during the day)
- parking (help to organize and park entrants as they come in)
- BBQ Helpers (This is to assist the folks tending the BBQ)
- Setup (help us setup)
- Misc (helping with activities and such)
- ***Please contact us here if you’re interested in helping us out.
Regarding vendors and advertising at MVOC, many similar events of this size charge a large fee for companies to promote their product or advertise at an event of this nature. I’ve personally been organizing or attending the show for over a decade and the success of this show has a lot to do with the folks that contribute and support it. So please, if you’re looking to show off your service or products you may offer, please contribute to it. MVOC does not charge its vendors for a profit, what we do ask in return is for prize donations for the attendees. Prize donations are a cheap and affective way for most companies to promote their product/service while giving back to the entrants and spectators. If we see companies or small business set up shop at the show without permission then the show will be forced to move to a private venue. This means the event will in turn cost substantially more to operate, prices will go up and vendors/dealer displays will cost a premium. In other words don’t ruin it for everyone.
***For dealer displays and vendor areas, please contact us here.ca to pre-register, no day-of-show registration as we need to keep the grounds organized.
Although the Elmwood will be missed, it’s been evident over the past few years that MVOC has out grown it. With more and more folks staying at different hotels in the Moncton/Dieppe area we’ve now arranged for an official Friday night GTG. With the help of the Sports Rock (Bar, Restaurant) we’re able to make that possible. If you’ve ever partied in the Moncton area then it’s safe to say you’ve made your way to the Sports Rock after wards. So what better way to start the weekend off with a large gathering. So be sure to swing by for some food or drinks, or just to mingle in the parking lot. You may just score yourself some free stuff as well as we will be handing out a few prizes that evening. Don’t miss out!
When: Friday night (Sports Rock is open 24hrs)
Where: Sports Rock. We have arranged for parking in the back in the Sears parking lot. This way we can all park together
Don’t miss out on the largest VW/Audi convoy in all of Canada!
When: Friday June 7th, Schedule departure time is ~6:30pm.
What’s included in the package:
- MVOC Rally T shirt – you choose your size when ordering. *Extra shirt with bracelet $20 each upon registration (2XL or larger add additional $3 per shirt)
- 2 MVOC Rally number plates – You cannot request a number. As payments come in you’ll be assigned a number and it will be posted in this thread.
- MVOC admission included – $10.00 value
- Free cover with VIP access and a free shot to the huge after party on Saturday night. ($20 value) Saturday Night After Party
- MVOC wrist band
- Discount on any order placed with CO Motorsports that weekend
- Free Redbull – Redbull girls will be on site during departure (limited quantities)
- Few other small goodies which are currently being worked on
Price: $40 per package (anything 2XL or larger add $3 per shirt)
- All payments are to be made by May 1st.
- Payments via Email Money Transfer to email@example.com. EMT Password must be MVOC2013.
- Payment must include your user name and shirt size.
- All payments to be made via EMT to avoid paypal fees. If you must send through paypal please include 4% and make sure you let me know that you sent it.
- Shipping costs are additional. We can to ship a bunch together for folks coming from Quebec, Maine, PEI or wherever if someone organizes it. Or we can ship individual packages. Items usually ship the first or second week of May depending on when we have everything.
Where:Truro Power Center off Exit 13A. Largest portion of the convoy is from NS to NB.
View MVOC 2013 in a larger map
*I will update this thread with the new Rally package design when they are completed.
**If your business is interested in adding a coupon or something to the MVOC rally package please let me know.
Last year we had and incredible turnout at the MVOC After Party. Having the entire VIP section full of MVOC attendees made if feel like a giant kitchen party, what more could a Maritimer ask for. This has definitely become yet another part of the MVOC weekend that you don’t want to miss. For those that have been to the O2 in the past, the entire complex has been renovated and is now called The Old Cosmo Complex. (Must be of legal drinking age)
Where: Downtown Moncton at the O2 (Now called “The Old Cosmo Complex”)
Price: MVOC Rally bracelet holders get free cover, VIP entrance and a free shot! (some restrictions may apply, will update if any)