Be sure to comment in the section below or click the “Like” button to help share this on Facebook.
***Please read the entire announcement, all official details will updated here when available. I try my hardest to answer all PM’s and Emails but we get hundreds of messages about MVOC relating to the Rally, Sponsors and everything else going on that weekend, so please read the post below before sending your questions.
Although most are nestled up waiting for this terrible winter to be over we’ve been preparing MVOC for months now. This year’s MVOC Rally will be Friday June 13th with MVOC Show & Shine on Saturday June 14th with the infamous after party Saturday night. All events and activities will be added to the event schedule once we have things sorted out 100%. The MVOC weekend is the event of the season for Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche owners on the East Coast. The event brings together some of the best builds in our region, thousands of dollars in prizes to give away, local businesses displays, Music, BBQ and much, much more.
Last year showed exactly why the event has become as large as it is and why it’s lasted for over 2 decades. The dedication and following from the VW/Audi community shined once again and despite the weather folks still made their way to the event to enjoy what MVOC is all about. Proving yet again that it’s more than just showing off your car. The die hards are there for much more than that. Everyone is there to have a good time with friends, reflecting on the past year, catching up on what’s changed over the winter, and to spend time with “our” family.
Despite the changes with the MVOC rally departure location we believe it worked out extremely well. The temporary location provided lots of space, easy access to the highway, and all the necessary amenities right up the road. We’re still unsure what will happen for this year’s departure location but we’ll definitely be looking for your feedback in the upcoming month or two. We also need to once again thank Dieppe Auto for being a major sponsor for last years MVOC Rally portion of the weekend. With that growing support from all our sponsors it enables us to expand the show and bring even more activities and prizes each year.
Unfortunately the weather didn’t corporate on Saturday but that didn’t hold you guys back. Even with it raining we still had an incredible turnout. Myself and the entire MVOC committee had received more positive feedback about the event and how great things were handled despite the crummy weather. The feedback is always greatly appreciated and we wouldn’t have such an event without your support or the support of our sponsors. It shows that despite a small hiccup that folks want to see the event continue on and make it the best it can be no matter what mother nature chucks at us.
This year we’re very pleased to once again have an official MVOC Hotel. We have joined up with the Rodd Moncton Hotel which is possibly the best option we’ve had to date. The Rodd has been fully renovated with 97 rooms, central location (walking distance to down town), out door swimming pool, lots of parking, and free hot breakfast with every room. The hotel also has a drive up rooms so we’ll have a similar atmosphere to the Elmwood in a much larger scale. With the river and park surrounding the Hotel we couldn’t ask for a better place to call home.
When: MVOC Rally on June 13th (details below) MVOC Show & Shine on June 14th from 10am to 4pm.
Price: $10 per car, free for spectators. (Free entrance with Rally Package “Best Deal”. Details for Rally Packages here.)
Where: St-Anselme Rotary Park on Parc Dr. Dieppe NB
This is not your regular car show but more of a large get together of friends and enthusiasts with the same interest. We hear and read about it all the time “I don’t know if I want to put my car in the show”. That’s the great thing about this event, if you love hanging out with others who have the same interest in VW/Audi’s as you then there’s nothing for you to think about, you’ll fit in perfectly.
With increasing attendance each year we require more volunteers. The weather the past few years has made it a very tough event to organize so we’re always looking for helpful hands. We’re looking for responsible and reliable volunteers to help some of these ideas come to life. The volunteer duties are mostly simple items during the day of the event. So if you think you fit the bill and are able to help MVOC become even a more memorable event then please let me know. All official volunteers will be get a free MVOC T-shirt, complimentary food and drink during the day of the show, and some free drinks at the after party. Also all volunteers are still eligible to win prizes as well.
Some things we’re looking for help with:
- runners (this is for any needed items or food for the BBQ during the day)
- parking (help to organize and park entrants as they come in)
- BBQ Helpers (This is to assist the folks tending the BBQ)
- Setup (help us setup)
- Misc (helping with activities and such)
- ***Please contact us here if you’re interested in helping us out.
Regarding vendors and advertising at MVOC, Prize donations are a cheap and effective way for most companies to promote their product/service while giving back to the entrants and spectators. All sponsors/vendors get exposure during the event, and within our online media coverage/promotion which reaches thousands of VW/Audi enthusiasts. This year we’ve made some changes for vendor displays to ensure the event is supported properly. Anyone interested in having a vendors booth at MVOC please email click here. If we see companies or small business set up shop at the show without permission then the show will be forced to move to a private venue. This means the event will in turn cost substantially more to operate, prices will go up and vendors/dealer displays will cost a premium. In other words don’t ruin it for everyone.
***For vendor displays, please contact us here to pre-register, no day-of-show registration as we need to keep the grounds organized.
We’re still finalizing the details for Friday night. This will be updated shortly.
Don’t miss out on the largest VW/Audi convoy in all of Canada!
When: Friday June 13th, Schedule departure time is ~6:30pm.
What’s included in the package:
Price: $40 per package (anything 2XL or larger add $3 per shirt)
- MVOC Rally T shirt – you choose your size when ordering. *Extra shirt with bracelet $20 each upon registration (2XL or larger add additional $3 per shirt)
- 2 MVOC Rally number plates – You cannot request a number. As payments come in you’ll be assigned a number and it will be posted in this thread.
- MVOC admission included – $10.00 value
- Free cover with VIP access. ***there will be free shots handed out if you miss out I’m sorry. Saturday Night After Party
- MVOC wrist band (this is required to get free coverage/VIP)
- Discount on any order placed with CO Motorsports that weekend
- Free Redbull – Redbull girls will be on site during departure (limited quantities)
- Few other small goodies which are currently being worked on
- All payments are to be made by May 1st.
- Payments via Email Money Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. EMT Password must be MVOC2014.
- Payment must include your user name and shirt size. (if you forget this in your initial EMT we’re not responsible for incorrect sizes) Making corrections later just adds more confusion.
- All payments to be made via EMT to avoid paypal fees. If you must send through paypal please include 4% and make sure you let me know that you sent it.
- Shipping costs are additional. We can to ship a bunch together for folks coming from Quebec, Maine, PEI or wherever if someone organizes it. Or we can ship individual packages. Items usually ship the first or second week of May depending on when we have everything.
Where:Truro Power Center off Exit 13A. Largest portion of the convoy is from NS to NB.
View MVOC 2013 in a larger map
*I will update this thread with the new Rally package design when they are completed.
**If your business is interested in adding a coupon or something to the MVOC rally package please let me know.
Last year we had an amazing turnout at the MVOC After Party at the Old Cosmo Complex (O2). Having the entire VIP section full of MVOC attendees made it feel like a our own party. This has definitely become yet another huge part of the MVOC weekend that you don’t want to miss.
Where: Downtown Moncton at the O2 (Now called “The Old Cosmo Complex”)
Price: MVOC Rally bracelet holders get free cover VIP entrance. The after party is sponsored my Jägermeister so we get a great deal on Jäger shots!
1-800-565-Rodd (7633) Option 2
Promo code: MVOC
- Rooms – Pretty near every option available when it comes to rooms. Also there are “drive up” motel style rooms as well. We have the absolute best of everything here.
- Price – Our rates range from $99-$109 depending on your room selection (this is a 15-20% discount from normal rates) Remember all rooms also include a Hot continental breakfast
- You must advise when booking that you’re with the “MVOC” group to ensure you get our discounted rate.
- If you’re booking online be sure to use promo code: MVOC ***if you try to book online and it shows there are no rooms available pick the phone up and call as there are likely rooms available. This has to do with how online bookings are handled.
- When I spoke to the Rodd Moncton yeserday Mar 06th there were currently 90 rooms available. (Lets fill the place)
Below is some of the event coverage from 2013 courtesy of Clayton Cole.